Brett graduated last weekend!! :)
With honors I might add :)
His parents came down on Friday night and stayed till Sunday... we had a cook out on Saturday evening and got to hang out with everyone. It's so weird to think about people starting to move away and begin their own lives. I can honestly say that I don't miss much about high school... but I really will miss college. We've had lots of good times... lots of late nights... so many good memories...
I also had my lingerie shower which was really fun... I don't have any pictures of that yet because I didn't take any! I'm just counting on stealing them from everyone else. I got some really cute stuff though... now I just need to get myself a husband :)
So according to my facebook countdown we're only 78 days away from the wedding. That kind of sounds like a lot until you say 78 days = 11 weeks. And 11 weeks doesn't sound like much at all. I've made some good progress on little details though. I've figured out how I want to make the programs so now we just have to crank them out. Brett is in Atlantic City with his guys right now but when they get back we'll have a program assembly line. I bought my flowergirl basket and my shoes, scheduled our engagement pictures for next week. I'm really excited about those... our photographers are really creative so I'm excited to see what we end up doing. I'll go next week to get measured for my dress hem-job. I've given the final approval on the invitations, so those should be here in the next week or so. Everything is coming together!
My family shower will be on May 25th... my ringbearer's mom and grandmother are putting on a tea party with all of their china and silver and everything. I'm excited to see how it all turns out :)
The Great Wolf Lodge trip was really fun. We went to Busch Gardens one day and then spent the next day at the Lodge. Aaand we ate at Uno's which is one of my newer favorite restaurants. The water park has different types of slides and pools for every age group. Watch the video of my favorite slide...
Last night I stayed up and read Macel Falwell's book about Jerry. It was actually really interesting to see her perspective on so many of their family's life events. I think my favorite story was about how she has always been scared of thunderstorms. She said that during their entire marriage, anytime it started to thunder or look like a storm was coming, Dr. Falwell would excuse himself from whatever meeting he was in at the time and come home to be with her. I don't care what you think about him... Can we all say "awww"?
I'm watching Ace of Cakes on Food Network right now... one of my late night guilty pleasures. Their shop is in Baltimore so I wanted to have them do our wedding cake but they were already completely booked for our whole week.
Okay well it's my dinner time so I'm off to raid the kitchen...
1 comment:
well now ive got to get on my blog and write...its been FOREVER! Let me know if you need any help on the programs!
Post a Comment