Saturday, April 19, 2008
Our backyard is fantastic...
Brettski and I had quite an adventurous day... but before I talk about it, I have to give a shout out to the case of pink eye that made it all possible.
Tuesday afternoon when I woke up my right eye felt kind of funny. By Wednesday morning I was sitting at the eye doctor getting eye drops for pink eye... conjunctivitis if you will. "Is this particular case contagious?" "Oh yes absolutely" says the doctor...
Translation = Sarah gets the next two nights of work off. The hospital doesn't want you spreading it around...
So because of these extra days off, I was able to turn my sleep schedule around for a few days and actually see the sunlight! Which brings us to today....
Brett was inducted into the Business Honor Society today... I forget what the Greek letters are. But anyways he was only 1 of 17 people in his entire business senior class to be chosen. It requires excellent academics, but is also based off of faculty nominations. I am so proud of his hard work and good grades... but I'm even more proud of his character and testimony. He definitely deserves this honor and I was so excited for him to be recognized in such a special way...
The weather today was amazing... a summer tease. It was in the upper 80's all afternoon, but the wind was blowing some so it wasn't too hot. Perfect...
So after Brett's induction ceremony, he and I decided to take advantage of the awesome weather and go exploring. We found the creek that feeds the pond behind our house... then we hiked through the woods and water just to see where we would end up. I felt like we were 10 years old again... we had a really good time.
We stopped and got our first snowcones of the year which were de-licious.
Then we decided that we were going to go buy rollerblades. We've been talking about this all week because we thought they would be fun to use around the pond... so we went to Dick's and bought some. Brett wasn't crazy about his so we drove across town to Play It Again Sports to look for some more. They didn't have rollerblades but they did have discs for frisbee golf... something else we've been wanting to try. So 45 minutes later, we left with two sets of drivers, mid-range discs, and putters for frisbee golf.
We came back home to try out the rollerblades... I had bought some that were supposed to be for kids because my foot is small and they were cheaper. I thought I was getting a great deal... turns out they are also SLOWER. I was working my arse off just to keep up with Brett... they reminded me of those little Fisher Price beginner skates that make the terrible clicking sound. Not quite that slow... but pretty slow. So anyways... we went back to Dick's and exchanged them for a real grown up pair. The guy undercharged me by $10... I realized it and felt bad because I didn't want the kid to get in trouble... so I tried to go back inside and make it right. He said thanks for the honesty but don't worry about it. Sweet.
Then we went to Sonic for drinks and rented Lars & the Real Girl. Very random movie but I would definitely recommend it. Had a Totino's for dinner. Triple pepperoni. Yum.
So a fun day all around... we seriously have such a good time together :)
Now it's 4 a.m. and I still need to do my little exercise routine. I'm tired but I skipped yesterday so I really need to do it tonight... Aaand then the pillow is calling my name.
P.S. My neighbor started crying today because her dog wouldn't stop barking. It was just awkward.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like such a super fun day!! I LOVE roller blading and I think you might have just been my inspiration to go get some next month! Glad the eye is doing better and that you got a little break! Lets hang out soon!
Post a Comment